Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

why I get a lot of ice on the avaporator on my freez???, its

why I get a lot of ice on the avaporator on my freez???, its a sign of something works wrong or what???

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already did change both of them,when the ice melt,the compressor start work every 2 minutes with 10seconds on each start but don't want frezze anymore until I turn the freez of and wait about 25 minutes and then turn the freez on so on that way I get refrigerator works good until get ice on the evaporator again

Okay so you do have the display now on the front?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FRS6R4EW7 brand name is XXXXX XXXXX November 2006

Okay, I am sorry about that, I pulled up the wrong one originally, How thick is the ice on the back wall of the freezer when this happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

close to 1 inch

You have a bad defrost thermostat behind the back wall of the freezer, you can click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Click here for a video on how to replace it.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I told you I already change that one to!! the one is install is new, is the same one that on the picture you just send to me!!!!!

You said you checked it not replaced it, sorry about that. have you ohmed out the heater to see if it is open?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry I didn't understand your question!!!whats is that ohmed???

Do you own a meter to check voltages and such?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have one !!! But if I get one how much voltage have to be???
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry! I don't have one, but if I get one how much voltage need to be on it??

We need to use the ohm settings, and remove the wires to the heater, then see if there is any reading at all, a meter is going to cost you maybe $10 to $15 for a cheap one at Kmart or Walmart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How much of voltage need to be when it read it by the ohm!??? When I get it!???!!
It should be about 30 ohms I believe, if it read 0 that is a problem usually with the heater itself.