Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bravos Dryer (2011). While on vacation a rat got

I have a Bravos Dryer (2011). While on vacation a rat got into the dryer vent from outside, fell down the venting duct, and died in the flexible aluminum piece that attaches the dryer to the venting duct. The rat has been remove, and the flexible aluminum piece and entire duct system have been thoroughly cleaned. The smell remains. I pulled off the back of the dryer and the aluminum attachment to the blower. Inside the blower there is rat excrement and dried fluids. Can this blower be disassembled and cleaned. How can I get to it to do so?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can I get the model number so that I can see what needs to be done to take this dryer apart? The model is located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MEDB850WQ0

OK perfect. So the vent assembly can be taken apart, but it's quite a lot of work I'm afraid to say. You'll need to take the dryer completely apart and remove the drum in order to gain access to the vent. To do this, open the door and there are 2 hidden clips between the top panel and the front panel.  Use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the screws coming into the top of the front panel.  There are also 2 screws below the door way.  Remove these screws and the front panel will hinge forward and down.  Then you can see inside the dryer but you really need to remove the front drum support in order to access to all the vent so that you can take it apart and clean it. There are screws coming in on the right and left side. Remove these screws and unplug any wires connected to this front drum support. Reach under the drum and disconnect the belt so that you can pull the drum out. Now you can take the vent apart to clean it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. XXXXX crazy to try this myself.? I don't want to get in over my head.

I guess that depends on how handy you are. If you're really handy then you should be able to do this yourself, but it is quite a bit of disassembly and it's definitely one of the more involved dryers to work on as opposed to other models.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I am going to have a friend come over tomorrow and help me tackle this issue. Can I keep this conversation going tomorrow if we have more questions? Will it be with you or someone else?

Yes of course. Even after you rate me today, there is an E-mail sent to you with a link to come back and ask any follow-up questions you might have at no additional charge if you happen to have follow-up questions.