Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my HE washer will not start.It did before, I checked water,

my HE washer will not start.
It did before, I checked water, electrical connections, and so on but it will not start at all.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you turn the cycle to the spin cycle, will the washer spin at all or do anything at all?

Also, do you have a model number which is located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Won't do anything.

Maytag Centenial

OK are you getting any lights on the control panel illuminating at all like the lid lock or the sensing? Or is everything 100% dead?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no response, dead.

OK so that's easy to diagnose but unfortunately likely a very bad failure. You either don't have power getting to the washer, or you have a shorted main control board inside the control panel of the washer. There are no fuses or cut outs that would stop the control panel from at least illuminating so run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working and plug your washer into that extension cord. If it still doesn't light up, then below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace for your model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!