Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore Elite Front Load Dryer....P/N XXXXXXXXX A

I have a Kenmore Elite Front Load Dryer....P/N XXXXXXXXX A (1012) with a LOC code on it. What do I do to fix this problem.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the LOC on the display means that the dryer is in child lock mode. You should just be able to press and hold the SELECT and OPTIONS button for up to 15 seconds together and the LOC should disappear from the display. If that doesn't work, then the display board itself has failed and would need to be replaced since unplugging and replugging the dryer in didn't seem to reset the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, I do not see the select and option button on this model.

Sorry, yes, that is for a slightly older mode. Your dryer is just slightly different. If you look at the top of your control panel directly in the middle there is an "ADD STEAM" button. You need to press and hold this button for 5 seconds to unlock the controls.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try that and let you know.

OK sounds good. Sorry about the earlier confusion.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks...................It is working now. and I will rate you ASAP

Awesome. I'm glad it's all up and running again!