Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an kenmore tri refig/freezer, model #795.75549401. When

I have an kenmore tri refig/freezer, model #795.75549401. When the doors are closed, the control panel is indicating that they might not actually closed. The panel alternately flashes from a doors closed position(panel not lit) to a door open position(panel lit showing refrig. & freezer temp.) I check the doors & they are fully shut yet the panel shows them as open. What controls this function? Is it in the interior light switch that activates when the door is either open or closed? Would appreciate some insight to my problem.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the interior light switches are what tell the control board if the door is opened or closed. When the unit is flashing that the doors are not open, you need to use a butter knife and peel back one of the door seals to see if the light is on inside. If so, then you know the door switch is bad. If the light is not on and you're just getting a bogus error telling you to shut the doors, then you need a new control board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your saying that the door light switch is sending info to the control panel, but if the light switch is OK, if the light is actually off with the door closed? If that is the case, then it has to be in the control panel itself. If it is the control panel, would I have any difficulty in replacing it myself? I am pretty handy if I have the right directions to follow.

That is correct. Only the control panel or the light switch can be faulty and if the light isn't sticking on when the door is shut and the alarm is going off---the control board is the faulty part and would need to be replaced. The control board is all plug and play and it's on the back of the refrigerator so if you're handy you can definitely replace the part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board