Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi, my appliance a Ge Profile Dual Fuel double Oven range

hi, my appliance a Ge Profile Dual Fuel double Oven range model P2S975SER1SS s/n SV555331P is less than 2 years old.

The button for the main burner does not turn anymore. All the other buttons are turning fine and nothing else seems to be broken. I have dismantled it and rebuild it just in case something would be misplaced. I check the button .. it is well seated and correctly inserted.

What other test can I do to fix this

thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "the main burner button"? I know this may make sense to you but it's a bit confusing what you are talking about.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the one I use most.

the first one on the left

the button for the burner that can power boil

the burner seems fine

it is the button that will not turn even when pushed and turned

OK so to be clear, you can't physically turn the knob at all is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

I have tried without the knob ( in case something was broken inside) and I tried wich some plyers to push and turn

same thing, it won't even push so forget the turn

OK so unfortunately this means that your gas valve itself is seizing up and something isn't aligning properly inside the valve. This is a bit of a problem because you can't just take the valve apart and try to fix the mechanical parts inside without creating a gas leak. The entire gas valve would need to be ordered and replaced for this reason. You would need to order part number wb19t10021 and replace that inside the control panel which is the part that your knob actually slides onto. It's connected to your gas manifold so the gas line and electricity would both need to be shut off to complete this repair.