Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE electric oven that after using self cleaning cycle

I have a GE electric oven that after using self cleaning cycle ( oven is cool) the oven wont work, it keeps saying unlock door, but the oven door is unlocked, unit is 2 1/2 years old
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately the door lock sounds like it has failed which is probably the most common issue I see with all GE ovens. I'm not sure why the latches fail so often because they appear to be the same type of design as other manufacturers, but after using self clean the heat or something seems to affect the latch switches and even if the latch is unlocked, it won't sense it properly. You can try to start a self clean cycle if it will let you and then cancel it after 60 seconds and try to unlock the door again. If it still keeps saying you need to unlock the door then the switch on your latch assembly has failed and isn't sensing that the latch is in the open position so that latch will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the latch you'd need for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!