Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore Elite Calypso washers electronics work some days

My Kenmore Elite Calypso washers electronics work some days and other days do not work. The washer is getting electric and the door 'clicks' when you open and close it even when the electrical buttons do not respond. We have tried unplugging and plugging back in and that does not make a difference.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. when you start this you say the door switch clicks if you open and close it a few times does the washer start working ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. we have not seen a pattern over the last couple months. It worked on Sunday, not on Monday, Tuesday and then worked on Wednesday when I tried it. Sometimes after I notice it does not work then it works later in the day.

I do know the last time it did not work the top was open for a day or two and I don't know about the other times.

okay , have you seen any fault codes come up at all ? I have the tech sheets up. I'm going to send you instructions on how to put this in test mode. give me a few minutes.

Each diagnostic test is activated by performing a "Key

Dance"; pressing certain touch pads in sequence. A key

dance must be completed within 5 seconds in order for a

test to remain active. After performing a Key Dance, the

Diagnostic Test Indicator de will be displayed to verify that

the test has been activated,

Key Dance:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right now the washer is working...I don't know if that makes a difference.

When I press SET DELAY TIME nothing happens.

I don't see any signal for end of cycle.

okay some have different test keys. I have gone through the service sheets and what it says is to check all the connections at the control board up in the control panel.between boards number 5 and 11 on this diagram. also while you have the control panel open theres a tech sheet in the control area or if you remove the front panel. that has test info. From what I'm reading though either theres a loose plug on one of the boards (from moving this) or the lid switch is failing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made sure all plugs were tight...I heard and felt a slight move in a couple of them.

I realize I should have contacted you when it was not working to confirm if it is now fixed for good. I am happy to pay you for your time and assistance and is there a way I could contact you again if this same issue happens without having to pay again?...of course I only mean for this exact same issue.

yes you can just come back and reply and I will receive your replies. there no extra cost if you come back after you rate me 3 or above. I will be available to help. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan, I was waiting to respond and the washer worked for a few days then stopped working for 3 days then started working again on Wednesday and we have done a few loads of wash.

We did not notice any reason it stopped working nor started working. We did nothing after it was not working except try to press the buttons to get it working. Then Wednesday morning we pressed NORMAL wash and it started working.

This is the similar trend it was doing before I contacted you except other times it has worked for much longer than a few days before deciding not to work.

I will keep you posted as it is now working.

Okay Mike let me know if you need further assistance, thanks, Bryan