kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances
32169475

i have a hobart 80 quart mixer and the motor makes a noise

i have a hobart 80 quart mixer and the motor makes a noise an does not start unless i manually turn the motor shaft and tun on the switch at the same time.
It sounds like the motor bearing is beginning to seize or possibly the brushes are worn. You can try to lubricate the bearing at the point where the shaft comes out. Also make sure the motor bearings are at least 1/2" long each, anything less replace them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the bearings seem to be fine. If it is the brushes do I have to remove the motor from the machine? to replace them, and if i do can you sent me a picture or a diagram and show me how to remove the motor.

I think on that model you should be able to reach the brushes without removing the motor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i try and i canott see anything, would you please find out and sent me a picture or a diagram that shows the location of the brushes. Thank You

I will see what I can find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are ou still working on my case or you forgot about it?

No I'm still trying to find a service manual or diagram to send you. No luck so far.