Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my washer vibrates too much

my washer vibrates too much
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the washer shake if you run a cycle without any clothes inside.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so if it's shaking all the time, you have a bad skate plate that will need to be replaced. Whether the pads on the skate plate are wearing down or the plate is slightly bent, it's not compensating for the basket spinning like it should. The skate plate is the triangular plate below the tub that the tub glides on between the bottom of the outer plastic tub and the metal support frame. Below is a link to the skate plate you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for skate plate

To replace this part, the entire motor, transmission and tub assembly all need to be removed so that you have access to the plate below the tub. It's definitely not an easy part to replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!