Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 3 model-GU2400XTPQ0, S/N-FR3002749.

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 3 model-GU2400XTPQ0, S/N-FR3002749. I am replacing the impeller on the main motor and I have the motor off of the pump assembly. What is the proper procedure for changing the impeller?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok Matthew, follow the directions below to remove the old impeller and install the new one.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried turning it clockwise but it is so tight that the fins are bending on the back of the motor. Is this normally this tight?

Yes because it turns on the thread and that makes it extremely tight, use a pair of channel locks this should free it.

Thanks!

Mike.