Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello. I just attempted to season my DCS griddle (48" 6 burner/griddle

Hello. I just attempted to season my DCS griddle (48" 6 burner/griddle cooktop) and even at 450* it doesn't get hot (no other burners are on). It was installed by the plumber/gas guy not an appliance guy. Does it need to be adjusted? We live out in the country (100 miles from the nearest service center) and use a jack of all trades former Sears appliance tech. but I know he's never worked on a DXCS. I have left a message. Is there a simple solution? Thanks, Frank
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do all the other cooktop burners work even though the grill isn't heating?

Also, does the light for the griddle turn on when you turn it on to heat?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they all work. The light does turn orage and then red. I've seen the flame intermittently through the rear vents. It just doesn't get hot enough. Unfortunately I don't have an infrared thermometer. At 350* it gets hot but I can still touch the surface. At 450 with the oil on I didn't touch it, but it didn't burn after 20 or so minutes.

So this isn't an install issue, you may need to call warranty if it's not heating properly. Keep in mind it does take about 30 minutes for the griddle to get up to temperature. The flame will turn on and off during that time, but it takes 30 minutes for the actual griddle top to get to the right temperature. If you think it's nowhere near to the set temperature, then at 350 splash some water on it and it should sizzle and evaporate right away. If it doesn't do that, call warranty to come look at the griddle because you may have a bad thermostat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I'll relay that to Matt in the morning. I was hoping it was a quick fix. Have a good'un!!

Alright, sorry about the issue you're having but I do wish you the best.