Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

how to replace agitator for Kenmore model 417.97912704

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to remove this agitator, just pull the top softner top of the agitator up and off. You'll look down inside the agitator from the top and see a plastic cap exposes with a small handle that you can grab with pliers to pull straight up and out. Once you remove this part a bolt is exposed. Unscrew that bolt and now the agitator is held on by just friction. But there is quite a bit of friction holding the agitator on. You'll want to grab the bottom of the agitator and lift straight up really hard in order to remove the agitator.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!