Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Oven Model GFG464LVS 2. It is approximately

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Oven Model GFG464LVS 2. It is approximately 3 years old and recently the bottom burner in the oven stopped igniting. All burners on tope of the unit work great and the upper burner (when using the 'Broil' function) works fine as well. When you turn on the oven, you hear the hiss of gas for a moment and then a bunch of clicking and then nothing. This occurred one evening while baking a dish - the oven apparently stopped at some point as it had been at 350 when the food went in and, upon later checking, the oven was cool. Is this most likely the ignitor? How difficult is that to replace on one of these ovens?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Just to confirm, the broil burner will still light now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - we still use broil all the time to do toast etc. Works great

Okay, so that rules out the valve and spark board as suspect because if either was bad, the broil would not work. So, that leaves the igniter and connector as suspect. The very small connector on the igniter can become loose, resulting in a poor connection. I would first pull the small spade connector from the igniter and use sand paper to clean the terminal on the igniter. Then, use a pair of pliers to gently tighten the connector and replace it to the igniter. If it still will not light, replace the igniter, pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!