Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am getting a fault code on my LG washer model number WM2487*M. The

I am getting a fault code on my LG washer model number WM2487*M.
The fault code is an upsidedown and backwords "F" with an E next to it. The book dies not give a possible reason (blank) and the solution is "unplug the power plug and call for service.
What is the problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Thanks Randy.

Basically the error means the heater thermistor has failed ans will need to be replaced.

This is located behind the front panel right next to the heater. I have included a link below where you can purchase the part.

Click here to order the part

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Follow Up question:

Is this something I should be able to replace myself?

I am aware of the small door in the lower left of the washer, but it looks pretty tight there, I only see a drain opening there.

Or do I access it from somewhere else?

No problem Randy.

To access the thermistor you would need to pull the machine out from the wall, take the screws out along the rear lip of the machine, Remove the top panel, next take all visible screws out holding the control panel out, remove the detergent drawer and remove the screws in the detergent drawer, unclip the control panel from the front, next remove the band holding the door gasket in place then remove the screws holding the front panel in place. Lift the front panel out, you will see the heater and thermistor at the bottom of the tub.

Thanks!

Mike.