Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi. We have a high efficiency washing machine and ever since

Hi. We have a high efficiency washing machine and ever since we bought it 2 years ago my towels, shirt and other items are streaked of like some kind of discoloration almost every load on a piece or 2. I cannot stand this and don’t know what to do. Why is this happening...we use the right kind of detergent. Help.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the streaks or marks, do they come out if you wash the item again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No.. it is permanent discoloring or fading.

What is happening is that the clothes get stuck under the Pulsator/agitator, they came out with a replacement one to keep this from happening, you can order this part by clicking on the blue link below.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it on a recall by GE ?

No, I checked the GE tech line, and it is not a recall, only if it was reported during the first year of purchase they would have replaced it for free. You are on your own to replace it now..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh OK. Bummer. Well thanks greatly for your help!

Your welcome, wish I could have given you better results on your quest!