The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.
|F1 ||Defective touch pad or membrane ||To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace ERC |
|F1 ||Faulty ERC|
F1 touch pad / ERC test
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
- Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
- Gain access inside the control panel.
- Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
- Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
- Turn the power back on.
- Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
- If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.
If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)
Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.
If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.