Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi there, i have a front load washer (whirlpool, 2011) when

Hi there, i have a front load washer (whirlpool, 2011) when I start a cycle it goes to drain and unlock door right away, then i open and close the door, the cycle i selected resumes and washes normally. Ran diagnostics and no fault codes come up. It is very consistent, i need to press start, let it go into its drain unlock sequence i open and close the door, and it runs perfectly. I am suspecting something with a drain sensor. Any experience with this behavior appreciated.

Todd, Wisconsin

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does this only happen on the first load of the day or will it do the same thing back to back loads...???

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1rst load of the day or 3rd load of the day it does not matter same sequence to get it to operate

When you run diagnostics, do you have to go through the start / drain / open door sequence also?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, runs diagnostics just fine, no issues with running diagnostics there is a quick diagnostics and a full, runs both just fine

From what you are telling me you look like you have a bad pressure switch,, I would replace it, you can click on the blue link below and order it.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory