Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn-Air downdraft gas range/oven. All four burner

I have a Jenn-Air downdraft gas range/oven. All four burner ignitions started going off non-stop without any burner being turned on (it happened in the middle of the night). I had to disconnect the power to get it to stop. When I plug it back in the ignitions all start firing again. Please help. Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you turn all the burners on and does the sparking stop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when all the burners are on the sparking continues.

OK so this usually means that the spark module may somehow have got wet if you were cleaning the cooktop or had a boil over. The best thing to do is to just unplug the unit for 24 hours and let the unit dry out if it might may have had moisture get on the spark module. Now if it continues to click after 24 hours when you plug the unit back in, then you'll need to order and replace the spark module because it's just shorted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been unpluged for a couple weeks now. is the spark module a simple replacement? Or is it better to schedule a technician?

It's fairly simple to replace. You will need to pull the entire oven out and remove the screws going into the back panel. Remove the back panel and on the back should be a plastic box where all the spark tip wires connect to and that is the spark module you'd need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay, Thank You.

Not a problem. I wish you only the best!