Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a Samsung dishwasher model DMT800RHB and am getting

I have a Samsung dishwasher model DMT800RHB and am getting 9E error water low. Someone on a forum suggested cleaning the float. It is supposed to be on the left side of the unit but I don't know how to get at it. I'm not even sure this is the solution but I'm trying to avoid a service call. Can you help?

If it is something else, let me know.

I can fix most anything with instructions.

Rick :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

Customer:

Hi Rick

Rick :

It is a large plastic area with hoses hooked up. What Samsung says to do is remove all wire connections and reconnect. If you are still getting the error then that part must be replaced. Please do this check and let me know the outcome

Customer:

3 hose connections are visible. Are the wires behind? Do I remove hoses and just pull it straight out?

Customer:

Not a stuck float?

Rick :

Dont remove the case assy, there should be what looks to be 3 set of wires going to the assy on top

Customer:

case assy... the large plastic case?

Customer:

no wires on top of plastic case. wires connections on bottom are behind the case.

Rick :

I am going to send you the information I have on this unit. I believe the float is in this case assy they are talking about. The only other float is in the tub that indicates high water.

Customer:

ok

Rick :

Attachment: 2013-10-08_182048_troubleshooting.pdf

Full Size Image
the information you are looking for is on page 4 , if you determine you need the case assy let me know and I will locate a part number and place to purchase for you.

Customer:

Disconnected the electric connections and hoses. Reconnected. Now I'm getting LE error. Do you think that is from water that escaped from the hoses. I think that I connected them well. Do you know where that sensor is?

Rick :

That is located on the very bottom of the unit, if you tilt the unit back you will see the panel, then remove 2 screws

Customer:

Discovered that I had a leaky hose on the float unit. Finally got rid of the 9E error and all is well. I don't know for certain that removing the plastic float unit wires and reconnecting was the fix or not.

Customer:

Late in the afternoon I discovered that we didn't have any hot water; that may have been the cause of the error but the 9E error had appeared the previous day.

Customer:

At any rate, I appreciate your help and was able to resolve the issue without an expensive service call. Thank you very much.

Rick :

Well Im glad to hear that your problem has been solved. If you would please rate the answers and the material I gave you it would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I gave you a rating. Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Thank you