Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I run a diagnostic check on my (MZD2669KES) refridge?

How do I run a diagnostic check on my (MZD2669KES) refridge? It won't start the compressor and I have replaced the starter module with regulator / condenser.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So diagnostics is not going to help with your issue. Can you tell me if the fan next to the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is and so are the fans inside, (including the one by the defrost coil in freezer.

OK, so if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, blazing hot, or warm?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Room temp but it is in the off setting from inside the fridge panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trying solve this problem for 3 days, so I keep it set to off when doing research on it.

OK so you need to test power at the compressor to ground. If the fan next to the compressor is running, then the compressor should be getting power. If you're getting power and you replaced the starter already, then you have a bad compressor. Whether the compressor windings are shorted or the piston is seized up, the compressor itself would need to be ordered and replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I just turned it on from inside fridge and the damb thing started up.

what could cause the start up to be flaky?

So only the compressor or the overload relay would cause it to be sporadic. It would be hard to believe the start device is bad again if you just replaced it, but there is really no way to test either part to know for certain.