Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own a Frigidaire stove/oven, model#fef336whsb. While cleaning

I own a Frigidaire stove/oven, model#fef336whsb. While cleaning the oven I removed the wire that secured the top (Broil) burner to the top of the oven. It hasn't worked since. Please advise!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a multimeter to test power by chance? And can you try to describe this wire you are talking about? Is this a support bracket wire? Or one of the plastic wires that connects to the back of the element to supply power?

Also, does bake or the cooktop still work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a multimeter. I am talking about the support bracket wire

OK so does bake or the cooktop still work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, so there really isn't anything that would stop only the broil element other than possibly one of the wire behind the element pulling off, or the element itself going bad (which I'm not sure how just amounting it would cause that issue?). But you'll want to pull the entire oven forward and remove the screws going into the back panel. Check to see if the wires going to the broil element are securely attached. If so, then your broil element would need to be replaced. If you had a multimeter, you could test to make sure you had between 5 and 50 ohms resistance through the broil element just to be certain the element was out of range, but without a multimeter, you'd just need to replace the element

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!