Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

i have a maytag refrigerator. it will not dispence water or

i have a maytag refrigerator. it will not dispence water or ice but it is making ice. the modle # XXXXX XXXXX 2266aew
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Have you dispensed a lot of water at one time recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Try this, however you will need to get into programming mode. once in it will show you a code, remember the code, then change the code to PEO 000 and save it, then again go into programming mode and reinstall the original code and save it, then see if the dispenser works again, here is the instructions for getting into programming mode.

graphic

Let me know if that works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will have to try this at home later as i am at work. i will get back to you tomorrow.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
This is most likely the repair for your problem, it is a common problem, a lot of people replace the main board for the repair which is expensive, but this fix works 90% of the time...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i reset the code as you discribed but it did not fix the problem.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
What is your serial number of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10103156na

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping a reset of the main HV board would do the trick for you, however you are going to need to replace that board on the back of the unit, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will i have to program the existing program code into the new control board?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes you will need to install the code for your unit into the new board..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I installed a new low voltage board and it worked only for a second then quit again,

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You mean High Voltage board, did you not? The one located on the back of the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no the on the front

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That was not the one I told you to replace, I said the one on the back and even gave you a link to the board that you needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my mistake

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that... It should have came to you when you installed the L.V. Board you did not have to reprogram it...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

way did it work for a second

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It just fooled the computer for a second, need to replace the H.V. Board... I am 95% sure of it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you will try it and get back to you. have to order part.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
okay