Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Maytag bravos....dont know if agitator works (how do you bypass

Maytag bravos....don't know if agitator works (how do you bypass lid lock to check?), and only spins on low speed, judging by the sound(clothes show evidence of spin). Seems to fill and drain normally
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi to clarify you are wanting to be able to look in the machine to check the agitator is working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. As it seems spin only works in low speed (can't be sure what it's doing, other than making noise), regardless of setting. I want to verify it is agitating, as well. Can only do that with lid open
Ok that should be fairly easy to do, without bypassing the lid switch (it cant be bypassed)

Grab a putty knife, slide it in the gap between the top panel and the front panel about 3 inches from each end, Next push the clips holding the top panel in place, this should release the top, you should now be able to lift the entire top panel carefully to see what is going on.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,