Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I just bought a Magic Chef wine and beverage cooler. The instructions

I just bought a Magic Chef wine and beverage cooler. The instructions say to plug it in and "turn it on", but I cannot, for the life of me, find the power switch. How do I turn it on? It is plugged in to an outlet that works -- we tested it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes, but you will see that the manual does not label a "power button"

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
There is no power button by the looks of things, I think it refers to starting cooling from stand by mode, to start cooling press and hold the temp up and down button for 3-5 seconds. This will also switch the unit into stand by mode.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The answer didn't work.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Do you see anything on the display Jackie?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Can I ask you why you have rated me poor service without giving me the chance to figure out where the problem is? was there something you did not understand or something I can clarify for you?

This rating will stick with me for the entire time I help people on this site, it could also effect my ability to help people in the future.

Please either tell me where the problem is so that I may solve your problem or change the rating to ok service or above so that I may gain credit for the time and effort assisting you.

Thanks!
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sorry -- didn't realize. I was disappointed that there wasn't some magic button. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Jackie if you are not seeing anything on the display either one of the following is the problem, The receptacle you have the unit plugged into is bad (try a new receptacle) or the breaker is switched off on the breaker panel, Or you were sold a dud unit.

What should happen is when the unit is plugged in the temp display comes on, then if standby is lit you hit the up down arrows on the temp buttons to turn the unit on, you then set the desired temp and wait around 4 hours for the temp to be reached.

Thanks for adjusting my rating, please feel free to continue coming back to get further assistance until we figure this out :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Can I change your rating again? :)

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
No the rating is good thanks, If you recieve a email asking to rate me you can adjust it there :)

Thanks Jackie
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, Mike!