Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE Monogram side-by-side built-in fridge about 10

I have a GE Monogram side-by-side built-in fridge about 10 years old.
I have an intermitent water leak on my hard wood floor. Sometimes is might be
as much as a 1/4 of a cup of water. The compressor and motor are on the top
of the fridge, the water shows up on the floor right under the hinge part of the door.
And I can't see where the water is coming from. These auto defrost fridges usually
have a evaporation tray someplace but I can find it on this fridge.... please help!!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you please give me a minute to look up the model number please.
The defrost pan is on the top of the freezer it appears on this model, the likely problem is the tube for the water dispenser has cracked and developed a leak, What you will need to do is take the panel out from under the doors and check to see if the coupler or the pipe has cracked, Once found where the drip is coming from repair the tube.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But the leak is really intermittent, if it is the water tube(pipe) leaking wouldn't the leak be constant? It leaks under the hinge of the fridge door not the freezer door.

You would have to take the panel out under the door to look, there is nothing under or behind the hinge on the fridge, If you have the energy saver switched on then it could be condensation running down the inside of the door, in this case the energy saver feature should be switched off for a week or so.

The drain pan sits under the evaporator at the top of the freezer so I don't see this as being a problem. Best bet is to take the panel out under the door, grab a flashlight and look under the unit to see where the leak is coming from. If coming out of the door where the hinge sits in shut the energy saver function off.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see an energy saver switch, where might is be?

Give me a minute to look this model up please.
Looks like this model does not have a energy saver feature, are you in a area with high humidity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No --low humidity

Ok you will need to take the panel out for me from under the doors, This is the only way to determine where the water is coming from, unfortunately there is nothing under there that jumps out and that I can say yes this is whats leaking, If I were there that is what I would be doing.