Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my Maytag dryer is 13 years old it is a heavy-duty intelligent

my Maytag dryer is 13 years old it is a heavy-duty intelligent dryer control, how do I remove the front panel.the dryer is not getting hot.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Thanks Myron.

First take the 4 screws out from the front panel.

Once out pull the panel out

You will not have access to the parts you will need to check.

The likely problem is the high limit has blown, this is mounted to the side of the burn tube, Pull the wires off then test it with a ohm meter, if it reads open you have found your problem, The high limit will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Hi Myron,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,