Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a question about my washer but dont see a categorie

I have a question about my washer but don't see a categorie for that
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. This is the correct category for your washer problem.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have a fridgidaire gallery combo that the washer justed shaking like crazy on the spin cycle, i shut it off right away, come to find out that one of the shocks were broken so I replaced them, but it is still shaking on spin, and it also makes a clack clack noise in the back , upon my investigation I found that the rear panel was beat up pretty bad where the nut for the spider hit it, so I check the in and out of the tub and it moves about 3/8 of and inch, there is no grinding noise from the bearing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Can you run a spin cycle without any clothes inside really quick and see if it runs smoothly or still making a clanking noise and such?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I will try that

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
OK sounds good. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

with no cloths in the washer there is still a knocking sound in the back,

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
OK so this means that one of your support arms on the inner basket has broken I'm afraid. The rear spider with shaft that supports your inner stainless steel basket is not sold separately from the entire stainless steel inner basket, so the entire inner basket would need to be ordered and replaced on this model to fix the issue which is quite a major task and expensive part I'm afraid to say.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Is that why I can move the spider in and out? But why does the whole thing shake when it is the spin cycle? could the springs on the top go bad?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
The springs aren't bad unless they are just not connected or completely broken. But no, the inner basket will always move in an out a little bit--you likely just never noticed it before because you weren't looking for a problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

So why does it still shake in the spin cycle

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Because the support is broken as I stated before. I'm not sure what the confusion is, but to be completely clear, the washer will not spin smoothly during spin until you replace the entire inner stainless steel basket.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.