Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a question about my washer but dont see a categorie

I have a question about my washer but don't see a categorie for that
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. This is the correct category for your washer problem.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a fridgidaire gallery combo that the washer justed shaking like crazy on the spin cycle, i shut it off right away, come to find out that one of the shocks were broken so I replaced them, but it is still shaking on spin, and it also makes a clack clack noise in the back , upon my investigation I found that the rear panel was beat up pretty bad where the nut for the spider hit it, so I check the in and out of the tub and it moves about 3/8 of and inch, there is no grinding noise from the bearing.

Can you run a spin cycle without any clothes inside really quick and see if it runs smoothly or still making a clanking noise and such?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try that

OK sounds good. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

with no cloths in the washer there is still a knocking sound in the back,

OK so this means that one of your support arms on the inner basket has broken I'm afraid. The rear spider with shaft that supports your inner stainless steel basket is not sold separately from the entire stainless steel inner basket, so the entire inner basket would need to be ordered and replaced on this model to fix the issue which is quite a major task and expensive part I'm afraid to say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that why I can move the spider in and out? But why does the whole thing shake when it is the spin cycle? could the springs on the top go bad?

The springs aren't bad unless they are just not connected or completely broken. But no, the inner basket will always move in an out a little bit--you likely just never noticed it before because you weren't looking for a problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So why does it still shake in the spin cycle

Because the support is broken as I stated before. I'm not sure what the confusion is, but to be completely clear, the washer will not spin smoothly during spin until you replace the entire inner stainless steel basket.