Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore oven door Model #665.95829002 will not close properly.

Kenmore oven door Model #665.95829002 will not close properly. Can I fix this myself? I checked my owners manual. It explains how to remove the door. Are there springs in the door that may need replaced? There is no mention of them in the manual....just hinges.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Can you explain what is happening with your door exactly? Does the door just feel like it's not pulling tight so it sits about 1/2 -1 inch away from sealing up at the top?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The door seems to have dropped down an inch or so. I can lift it up. It does not spring back to close and when i open it completely, it drops lower than it used to.

OK so it sounds like either door isn't positioned into the hinge receptacles properly, or the hinges are just bad and need to be replaced. The springs are all part of the hinge and there is no adjustment on the hinges themselves. To remove the door, you need to open the door all the way. There is a hole that is exposed directly at the pivot of the hinge where you can stick a pin or tiny screw through. Now when you shut the door a bit, that will lock the hinge and you can pull the door up and off. Now you can try to re-seat the door back onto the receptacles if you think the hinges are just not seated properly. If that doesn't seam to be the issue, then you'll need to order and replace the hinges.

Now I want you to be certain when taking this door apart that you know where each piece of trim along the bottoms and sides below because people have difficulty putting the door back together after replacing the hinges. Below is a link to the hinges you'd need to order for your model and you'd want to order and replace both of the hinges togethers so order (2).

CLICK HERE for hinges

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your help. I will check the hinges and if need be, order new ones! Laughing

Not a problem and I wish you only the best. If you need anything else at all, just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.