Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WE HAVE A STOVE, MODEL # XXXXX R2WW. WE DO A LOT OF CANNING

WE HAVE A STOVE, MODEL # XXXXX R2WW. WE DO A LOT OF CANNING IN THE FALL ON THE STOVE. WE WERE TOLD THERE IS A SPECIAL BURNER THAT CAN BE SWITCHED WITH ONE OF THE LARGE BURNERS FOR THE CANNER TO SIT ON THAT PUTS THE CANNER OFF THE STOVE SURFACE A LITTLE HIGHER. IS THERE SUCH A BURNER AND IS IT AVAILABLE FOR OUR STOVE? THANKS
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So on the slide in ranges that have module replacements, there are burner cartridges you can purchase for canning and such, but unfortunately for this style unit with just the normal coil burner, there is not a burner you can swap out I'm afraid to say. You could purchase a cast iron simmer plate which can be bought at cooking supply stores (such as William Sanoma and such) that you can place on top of your burner to raise the surface at the top of your burner and even the heat out going into the pot, but that is really the only option for this model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!