Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

What is wrong if my dryer makes a humming noise instead of

What is wrong if my dryer makes a humming noise instead of starting up to dry the clothes ?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Unfortunately this means lint has got between the primary and secondary windings on the motor causing it to seize, There is no way of clearing the lint out so you would need to replace the motor.

If you need the part number and pointed to a good supplier let me know.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)