Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My dryer suddenly stopped working.. I need my dryer! Ha please

My dryer suddenly stopped working.. I need my dryer! Ha please help!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Is the machine dead like it has no power? or is it still running but no heat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dead no power. No nothing
Ok can you please give me a moment to look up that model number.

Thanks.
Ok Jill thanks,

First thing to do is go to the breaker panel and shut the fuse off all the way then turn it back on, If this fails to clear the problem then it is very likely the thermal fuse has blown, In this case it is mounted on the heater housing, Pull the wires off then test it with a ohm meter, If it reads open you have found your problem :)

If you don't feel comfortable doing the repair yourself then a repair guy would charge around $120 depending on region to complete the repair.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if I don't have an OHM meter ... Are you talking about the three sets of wires attached to the back?
No, These are mounted to the top of the heater (inside the machine) if you don't have a ohm meter you can pull the wires off the fuse then tape them together, Next try the machine, if it fires up as it should then you have found your problem.

The thermal fuse is part 5 in the schematic below.

graphic

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please reply with any further questions you may have.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.