Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my valve on the front of my kenmore will not shut off when

my valve on the front of my kenmore will not shut off when I take the glass away from the plastic piece I push on to get the water. can you help?  The model # XXXXX:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

hello, If you unplug the unit does the water stop or does it continue to flow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

haven't tried unpluging it. The handle slowly comes back and then the water stops shooting out the spout.

Ok sounds like you either have a bad return spring or a bad switch, You would need to pull the trim off carefully around the dispenser, Once off you will need to take the control board off then check at the top of the lever for broken parts and or springs, this is not one that i can say yes this is the part you need because it will need to be looked at.

I would like to earn your highest rating, Please reply If you have any other questions or need further assistance.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave. It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem by clicking HERE :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should I call a service tec from sears or is it something that will be obvious when I get the front cover off?

It's possible it will be obvious when you pull the front off, If you cant see what is missing or failed then you may need to call a tech, don't call sears though they are very expensive, call a local appliance tech.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks Mike. I tried to reserve you but got a problem screen from the web site. will try again later.