Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kenmore dishwasher is stuck in the 2 minute drain cycle,

My Kenmore dishwasher is stuck in the 2 minute drain cycle, which won't stop. This began after bumping the control panel. I've disconnected the power for 30 minutes and looked for excess water (there is none, dishwasher ran fine last night). Ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately there really isn't anything that would cause this issue except the control board itself. You can try to reset it, but it sounds like the relay on the control board is just stuck and sending power to the drain pump all the time so the control board will need to be replaced. To reset the control board, press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should "water heat" and "no heat dry" work to reset? If so, it won't reset.
Yes, that should work. If that's not working then unfortunately you just need a control board as I suspected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How difficult is it to replace a control board?
The control board is fairly easy to replace. Below is a video that shows you the process for the most part. The part itself is all plug and play.

CLICK HERE for video and part