Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Model 665 13882K800 Ser#FY1703671 Kenmore Ultrawash

I have a Model 665 13882K800 Ser#FY1703671 Kenmore Ultrawash HE Dishwasher. There appears to be a problem with the electronic touchpad. You can press the Smartwash, pots and pans normal waqash and china gentle cylce buttons, which results i the option light "heated Dry" to go on. Other cycles (1 hr wash and quick rinse) and options (turbo zone hi temp, steam sanitize) and the delay controller do not respond.

My name is Jeff

Is there some mystery fix or reset (I have depowered,etc) or is this a shot control pad. If the control pad, then what is a replacement part for this?

Much appreciated, any advice you can give :<)
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well that sounds like an interesting trick. Just confiscated the wife's hairdryer, will crack open a rolling rock, and give it a go! Will let you know how it turns out....shortly.

Okay, get it good and warm (but don't melt) and rub over all the buttons. Moisture gets behind those pads and wreaks havoc...the heat helps to dissipate and the rubbing helps to displace. Let me know what happens!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change, same lights will switch on for the cycles, with nothing for the other listed options as previously indicated. Have not used the dishwasher for over a month (been busy, and using the old fashioned method is just as quick)...so if water had gotten in there would have been a lot of time for this to dissipate dry....behavior today is the same as that observed a month ago.

Is your panel black?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The panel is white on white. All white machine.

That white panel is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Touchpad Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!