Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Hello, I have a range with flat top that just stop working

I have a range with flat top that just stop working today. all the heating surfaces and oven would not heat up. I already check the lock out control button and turn it off and on , but it would not help. Could you give me any advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 10 months ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number? some lites come on but no heating at all ?

Customer:

I just see the word "accubake" in front of the stove, could not find the model number at all.

Customer:

I guess this stove just lock me out and I do not know how to unlock it.. I try to hold the lock button for 3 sec. but it did not work

Customer:

the light is on, but none of the surfaces works, nor the oven

Randy 43 :

the lockout button doesnt affect the top burners on most models , if you have zero heat on any of the elements , that is a power issue, the range is not getting the 220 volts it reqs to heat it is getting 120 volts because the lites are coming on , have you checked the breaker? turn it off and back on ,it will be a double breaker

Customer:

OK let me try it

Customer:

It work now.. Thanks

Customer:

I did the rating for you already.. So you would charge my credit card $30.00 then , right?

Customer:

Thanks again

Randy 43 :

It only rates once , ratings didnt show on this page because i had info checked on my screen if you rate now it will only take the one charge

Customer:

Could I have another question about the dryer and would it cost me extra $?

Randy 43 :

they dont really like that , but if its something easy ,i can try and help you out ,whats the question?

Customer:

I got a bosch dryer and it make noise, should I try to oil it, how do I open it up to the place where it could be oiled?

Randy 43 :

what type of noise?

Customer:

Sound likes the bell howling when it rotating the drum. a continuously howling in hight pitch noise

Randy 43 :

that is generally the rollers the drum rides on , Bosch dryers are a little harder to work on , to get at those the top and front panels would need to come off and drum,belt ,blower housing ,basically disassemble the machine to get at them..if they are to far gone , oiling them wont do much good , replacing them would be the option

Customer:

It is something I have to bring to the expert then, I do not have tools to open that extensive.. THanks for the answer and have a good weekend.. I do not have anymore question.

Randy 43 :

ok , good luck , thx for using JA ,have a nice weekend

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert