Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool Cabrio I was getting the error code F1 I

I have a whirlpool Cabrio I was getting the error code F1 I ordered the machine assembly board which was suppose to be the fix. After changing the board and starting the washer I now after maybe a min of running I get a F50 error code... I could not even get through any cycle. So I re-installed the old board and back to the F1 error but make it to the rinse cycle before I get it. I can also reset it enough to get the load done?? Can you help me please
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So F1 and F50 are both very straight forward errors and they both mean that your main relay control board in the back right corner under the control panel needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Sometimes unplugging the washer will reset the error for a few cycles so you might want to try that if you need temporary use, but if that doesn't work, replace the control board. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order as well as a link to a video that shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for video

CLICK HERE for part

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have ordered and replaced the board, did you read my QUESTION the old board gives the F1 code the new board gives me the F50 code

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, I did read your question. But what I'm saying is that BOTH errors are caused by a faulty main relay board. That means that if you were getting an F1 error and you replace the board and are now getting an F50 error, then you will need to replace the board again because it came faulty. The board should have a 30 day warranty on it through the manufacturer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so both codes are the board the F50 some sites says it the RPS sensor or bad motor which runs fine with the old board!! Just want to make sure I dont need another part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So unfortunately not everything you read on the internet is correct. Many people that don't actually do appliance work might think that F50 is an RPS sensor issue and I've heard that many times before. In reality, F51 is an RPS sensor issue, F50 is a control board issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have you ever dealt with Part Simple that's where I got the board, and I can not get them to return my call!! I guess I should have trusted my instinct that I got a bad board just wouldn't think I would get a different error code.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I have never even heard of "Part Simple" before I'm afraid. I generally recommend Repairclinic.com or Appliancepartspros.com just for future reference however. I do hope you are able to reach them though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much sorry for being a little snappy at first! My first time using this and I should have just sent for a new board but wasnt sure on that F50 code

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's quite alright. I'm really sorry about the issue you're experiencing but I do hope you can get ahold of the parts company and get it all resolved.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.