Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn Aire dishwasher. The latch wont engage to keep

I have a Jenn Aire dishwasher. The latch won't engage to keep the door closed.

JDB1250 AWP
34112832
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the door actually latch and if you quit pushing on the door it pops back open because it's not holding tight enough? Or do you push the door shut and it just doesn't latch or try to click and hold the door in place at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT DOESN'T LATCH. NO CLICK.

OK so unfortunately the latch just needs to be replaced. I'm sure you understand when I say that the latch is really easy to replace since it's all plug and play. You've already tken the unit apart once so below is a link to the latch with handle you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!