Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MAYTAG DRYER MOD. MDE9700AYW will not turn off after time is

MAYTAG DRYER MOD. MDE9700AYW will not turn off after time is done. It just chimes over and over and over until manually shut off
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Aside from the dryer chiming, does the display panel look like the cycle has finished or does it indicate that it's still running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything is as it should be. Works fine , timer times out but dryer will not shut off by it's self

Unfortunately that is a problem with your control board itself then if it won't shut off. Try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset if you haven't tried that already. If that doesn't work and the dryer won't shut off until you open the door, then you need to replace the interface control board. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try what you suggest, but can't at this time. I will rate you after I try it. Also I do not want to become a member. I'm just a home owner, do it myselfer

OK you are not signed up for a subscription but as long as you do come back then I have no problem with that. Just be sure that you come back please.