Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model SHE4AP05UC106 FD910102104. Water stays in the bottom

Model SHE4AP05UC106 FD910102104. Water stays in the bottom of it and sometimes runs into the basement.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "water stays in the bottom"? Water is always supposed to be in the sump below the stainless steel filter screen---that's normal. Is there something else that you are seeing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Water is above the screen, water is standing on the dishwasher bottom. You can hear the pump run every so often. today water was in the basement.

OK so that is a problem. When the dishwasher is done with a cycle is the dishwasher empty but then over time water is filling up inside the tub?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think that it may be. I have not checked it right after a cycle is done.

OK so it sounds like your electronic water valve isn't sealing up so it's filling the tub up over time. This will cause the tub to overfill and go into the flood pan below the dishwasher which is why you hear the drain pump coming on randomly when not in use. You'd really need to replace the electronic water valve which is the part that your water supply hose connects to under the dishwasher behind the kick panel. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!