Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi Kelly, Our 2011 Maytag Microwave MMV5208WS-1 automatic exhaust

Hi Kelly, Our 2011 Maytag Microwave MMV5208WS-1 automatic exhaust fan is too sensitive for my wife's liking. I'd like to add a manual on/off switch to that circuit. When the fan does come on because of the heat from the rear stove burners, it runs for 20-30 mins. Way too excessive amount of time. Can you let me know where the high limit switch is located for the exhaust fan? Thank you, Tom
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! That model does not use a typical thermostat but a thermistor. The control looks for a constant resistance signal from that thermistor and will react if you switch it out of circuit. If it has done it since new, you will probably just have to live with it, unless you want to try changing the thermistor, available below. You could, theoretically, insulate the thermistor so it reacts slower, but I cannot recommend that since it is a safety feature. The thermistor is number 15 in the diagram below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!