Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need to replace both compressors on my Sub Zero Model 550.

I need to replace both compressors on my Sub Zero Model 550. can I get rebuilt ones if so how much each? How much installed ? Chet [email protected] or XXX-XXX-XXXX Gladstone, Oregon 97027

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there are no re-built compressors that I know of for Sub Zeros, but the compressor replacements are not cheap at all. For the freezer, you need compressor part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand for the refrigerator you need part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN To replace just (1) compressor it normally costs about $1000. Now since half the work is already being done by when replacing one of the compressors, a second compressor replacement might be about $700 to have replaced? So if you replaced both compressors on the same unit, you should be looking at about $1700 or so I would say as a fair estimate.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you provide the compressors ?

As I understand I should be expecting a bill for $1700.00.?

Is the 25.00 part of the $1700.00?

We don't provide any compressors. This $25 is just to ask a question. You've used this service before once. The $1700 is for hiring someone to come out and install the compressor as well as the parts and such. Most servicers will not install parts if you get the part yourself. You would need to call a servicer so that they can order the part and install them.