Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have an old Seth Thomas electir clock that runs slow. Is

I have an old Seth Thomas electir clock that runs slow. Is there any way to repair it?

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

I am a little surprised that a clock repairer would not attempt to repair this for you.
However, they have seen the actual clock and I have not.

There is an option to have them replace all the working components with a battery powered quartz movement, however. This is the type of mechanism that is used in most clocks these days.

The down side would be, they may need to change the hands and you would lose any value of the item, due to it no longer being "original". You would also loose the chimes, unless you buy a movement with chimes built in. For examples, please go here ( Just click on the word in blue)

If I can help you further, please just ask ,
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob