Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool ref. mod. et21gkxhwol freezer work fine,

I have a whirlpool ref. mod. et21gkxhwol freezer work fine, ref. does not work , all bottom end was cleaned fan works fine, will not come below 68
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Since there are multiple fans, can you clarify which fan is running? Is the fan inside the freezer section running? And do you see frost on the back wall of the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fan in freezer is running and also fan near the compressor

OK so that means that something is blocking the air flow from the freezer to the refrigerator since the fan inside the freezer just blows air down to the refrigerator to cool the refrigerator section. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the back panel. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and use a hair dryer to thaw all the frost out. The silver coils will likely be completely packed with frost preventing the air from flowing to the refrigerator.

Now to prevent the frost from forming again, you need a multimeter to test the heater (along the bottom of the silver coils) and the defrost thermostat (1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils with 2 wires going to it). If either part does not have continuity, then you need to replace it. Generally the defrost thermostat is the part that fails, so if you don't have a multimeter to test, I would replace the defrost thermostat clipped onto the top of the silver coils. Below is a link to the defrost thermostat since that's the most likely part you'll need to replace.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!