Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

frigidare refrigerator ffht1817lw wont stop running

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? How are the temperatures?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no frost, yes on fan. turn thermostat to off and BACK ON STOPS RUNNING FOR AWHILE.

It will stop running then because the head pressure will be too high and the compressor will not start. Are the temperatures good in both sections?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OKay, and are you absolutely certain that it is actually running 100% of the time? These units have about a 70% duty cycle, meaning it will run 7 of every 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wow, 7 of ten minutes. no it turns off some of the time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not all the time. 70% is probably about right. Ignorance.

Okay, so it is running as it should. There are many things that affect run time, mostly the amount of food inside. The more there is, the less it will run because the food helps to hold the temperature during off cycles. Also, ambient room temperature. The higher the temperature, the more it will have to run to cool down and maintain the cool. Also, if the fan down below in the back is not running or the condenser down there is dirty, it will run more. Check all those things and clean the coil and you should be in good shape.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!