Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Kitchen aid dishwasher will not drain. Changed the pump check

Kitchen aid dishwasher will not drain. Changed the pump check valve flapper. No help. Sound of motor running when dishwasher is off. ( very quiet )
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dudc 102xwh2

That is not a good model. Can you please double check it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kudc 101xwh2

Thank you! How is the drain hose attached to the plumbing in your home? To a disposal or an air gap?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To a disposal

Okay, has the disposal been replaced recently? Can you remove that drain hose and place it into a bucket and see if it drains into the bucket?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The disposal has not been replaced recently. I removed the drain hose and the water in the drain hose drained out. It did not drain the water out of the bottom of the dishwasher because of the anti siphon loop on the side of the dishwasher.

Did you start the dishwasher on a drain setting to see if it will pump out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, no water to disposal

Okay, so with the machine draining, the water will not drain into a bucket? Basically, the disposal is not plugged, preventing drainage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, the disposal in not plugged

Okay, so you will need to access the area under the dishwasher to check the pump and hose. Are you able to do so?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I follow this tomorrow? How?

The video below will show you how to access and remove the pump for cleaning and inspection!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!