Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore Automatic washer 2600*010 quit in the middle of the

Kenmore Automatic washer 2600*010 quit in the middle of the cycle. The lid is locked and there is a clicking sound coming from the rear of the machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to be clear, this is a top load washer correct? And is the lid light flashing or anything like that on the control panel? And is the clicking inside the control panel of the washer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

top load

lid light flashing

sound coming from control panel

I have removed the back plate to expose wiring

OK so if you're hearing the clicking noise from the control panel, most likely the control board itself is bad, but that lid light flashing means there is an error. So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your control board inside the control panel since it's clicking repeatedly meaning the control board will likely need to be replaced.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START. The status lights will flash on and off.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs.

Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LEDs in one-second intervals. All fault/error codes have an F# XXXXX an E#. The F# XXXXX “Type of Fault” and the E# XXXXX “Component system where fault is located.”
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Start/Cancel on mine is start/pause? or power?

Done LED on mine is Cycle complete?

Yes, the done LED is Cycle complete and the start/cancel is the start/pause button.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how many clicks should it take to get the complete LED lit?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you follow my instructions it would get the complete LED to light. Each time you rotate the knob it's 1 click at a time. Once you've done the process a-e then it might be 1-4 clicks or so before the complete LED illuminates if you did it properly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok lid is unlocked but complete LED never lit up

Well that's good that the lid unlocked, but that is the process to put it into diagnostics to see the error. There is also a sheet inside the control panel if you wanted to review it yourself. But if the lid unlocked then hopefully the issue is fixed. If you try to start another cycle and it acts up, then I'd review the sheet inside your control panel because you're going to need to either pull up the error code or replace the control board, those would be the two options.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.