Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

kitchenaid gas stove with spark probe in oven wont light. You

Customer Question

kitchenaid gas stove with spark probe in oven wont light.
You must be familiar with the gas stoves that uses the oven spark module to answer this question.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I am quite familiar with this system. Do you have a meter to test resistance with?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes I can use a multimeter meter

I cant find your follow up answer to my last question. ..which was.... should I go further and check for voltage at the gas valve? If so, what value and kind of voltage should I be looking for?

Anything else to look for while I am there?

I am trying to save trips to the customer's home.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I answered your other question, not sure where that went?? No matter, the information you need is below.

The gas valve has two coils on it, one for bake and one for broil. If one of those coils fails, it will not allow either to work. So, I suspect that valve will be found to be faulty. You can test the coils for 216 ohms of resistance, using the picture below as a guide to help. Make sure you remove the wires before testing. If found to be faulty, the correct valve is available below.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Gas Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. I will be going to the customers home next week. Will let you know about the gas valve readings.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Sounds good, I suspect it will be found to be faulty.