Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

No high speed spin cycle on the vision 500 cloth washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What happens when the washer should go into high speed spin exactly? Does the tub turn back and forth? Does the washer just shut off? Are you getting an error code?

Also, is the washer still moving the basket when it washes like normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer move through all the cycles correctly till the fins spin. The drum revolves very slow during the final phase leaving the clothes extremely wet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad motor control board if it's not ramping the washer up to a high speed spin and you're not hearing any strange noises when it should be spinning. The motor control board is mounted to the floor under the drum and that would need to be replaced to fix the issue but you'd need the full model number located on a sticker inside the door way to look up the correct part number. The part is usually about $200-250 or so. I'm really sorry about the bad news today.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this simple to change or do I need a serviceman?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I guess that depends on how handy you are. But you can access the part by tipping the washer back and unplugging it. Then remove the screws below the lower front panel and that lower front panel will pull down and off. The box with all the wires going into it is your motor control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck to you!