Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

how to change oven orifice hood. nothing in the box resembles

how to change oven orifice hood. nothing in the box resembles the original.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you will need to pull the oven forward and remove the back panel behind the oven. You don't actually replace the orifice for the bake and broil burner, you just tighten the orifices down as far as you can without stripping them out and that will convert therm from natural gas to propane. The brass orifice will be located right where the broil and bake burner air shutter valve is located on the back of the oven.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your suggestion didn't work. This is a slide in range and the material supplied with it says to change the orifice hood in the oven. I've changed all orifice on top burners and turned piece around in regulator. I don't see anything that resembles this piece in the box that came with range.

Broiler gets quieter as it heats up.

I have red arrows drawn to where the orifice sits in each of the bake and broil burner---they are the only brass things inside this area.

graphic

The orifices should just need to be tightend down all the way. If that doesn't work for some reason--then replace them. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This range is new. I'm not replacing anything. It's going to be warranty work from now on.

Thank you, Bob

Ah yes. But you are trying to convert this unit to propane from natural gas are you not? I ask because that's not actually covered under warranty. That is something you pay installers or service technicians for if you don't do it yourself or it wasn't sold as propane set up to begin with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The proper part was not supplied with the conversion kit.

Then that would be a reason to call warranty or possibly the dealer that you bought the kit from.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you could have helped. it would be worth $30 and saved me a lot of phone calls to Lowes.

Unfortunately I can't control the circumstance you are in. I can only tell you what is needed to fix the problem. Your ratings affect on my performance permanently and I see you gave me a negative rating. Was there something I could help you with to improve that rating?
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GE sent me a new conversion kit. everything is working fine now.

OK I'm glad you got it all working again. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!